Sunday, October 25, 2009

Travel headaches


Ai r Emirates
Tracie discovered that there was an error on our India flights and we needed to contact the airline for a correction. I decided (stupidly) to assist and take on the endeavour. We searched the internet for a customer service number and after an hour we found one listed through a US travel agency. Success, we cal and immediately get “Jane” from the Mumbai office, who proceeds to tell us in her bitchy Indian Accent, that the date change we are requesting is going to be a $4800 price adjustment. Luckily I had the internet on and their website up and asked her where she was getting her information from as it does not correspond to the price on the internet. Now she is pissed off and proceeds to put us on hold and goes on dinner break. After 25 minutes she returns back on line and says she found a way to get the price down to 2800 and could she please have my visa. I asked her to show me where I could see that on the website as it should have been only 400.00 she then tells me she needs to speak to a supervisor. This crap continued for another hour before we got the confirmation of the change for 1200 dollars. Is there any wonder why people hate dealing with call centers in India where they are always trying to gouge and screw you (standard Indian business practices). Oops I think I just tripped as I got off my soap box. I pray for patience on that upcoming leg of the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment